10/26/2005

Tenter hooks, baited breath, trepidation

It's been a busy day for me and I haven't had much time to read or post. So now I'm sitting here watching "Hardball" and considering the news of the day. I just had this sinking feeling and wondered if it's possible that Fitzgerald could end his investigation without indictments or any kind of report, just close it down and go home without word. Of course I know it's possible, but I'm wondering if it's possible. Anyway, it's kind of a depressing thought, kind of like I felt at about 8PM New York time on November 2, 2004 when I realized that Florida was going to be counted for Bush. That night I got physically ill and had to leave a dinner party. I'll never forget it. We were so ready to celebrate the defeat of Bush. We were up to party that night. Then it all suddenly changed within the course of about an hour. I have been so full of anticipation this week and now it's coming down to the wire. The waiting is really getting to me, but I take comfort from thinking about how hellish this waiting must be for BushCo. Someone is going to have a horrible weekend and I'm really hoping it's not going to be me. I think I'm coming closer to a reality-based mindset and I'm realizing that it's an awful lot of fun to imagine all these bastards being forced from their jobs, but in the real world I have to also prepare myself for the possibility that it could go the other way. It's nice to see Tweety being so heartfelt about the young men and women who will never come home again from this awful war. He touched me a little bit. And now I think I'll go stand with the candlelight vigil that's happening tonight right down the road.